Friday, May 15, 2009

U82 Adventures

I took the U82 for the first time yesterday, from KL Sentral. It was a very very interesting journey since i had no idea where i was going. The most crucial part about riding the bus is knowing when to ring the bell. I am particularly freaked out about this. The first time i took the bus to college, i called my sister twice just to confirm "Is this where i ring the bell?".

So anyway, i was supposed to meet a friend, and she gave me some vague descriptions of what i would see before ringing the bell. So i thought i would be okay. The bus took the nicest route! It took that highway that I've always thought was the prettiest highway here! Its the one we take to go to Taiping i think, right after the Istana ? It diverges and i think leads to Jalan Duta. I think. Anyway, I loved the route. So i finally got to where i was supposed to go, after MANY calls and misleading descriptions.

This made up for it though, a colourful car like thing in the parking lot that also had Alfa Romeos and Jaguars and Aston Martins. Made us wonder what in the world are these people doing in an apartment? Before we started grumbling about how we wished we were rich!


Post-Its ! Pretty!

My first time in that part of Damansara, Damansara something. And anywhere you go, its customary to visit the nearest mall so we went to a new mall,called Tropicana City Mall or something like that, and they had a book sale!! I'm not sure if all the Carrefours have it but this one did, so we HAD to get a book or two, it was only RM5. I got a book of short stories from authors i've never heard of and a book called "Sardine in Outer Space 2". I couldn't resist! It sounded so funny and inside was just comic strips about adventures of a SARDINE..in OUTER SPACE! LMAO!!(Am hoping to prove my friend wrong of her "It's LAME!" accusations!) So that's excitement number 2!


Collection of Short Stories


Sardine in Outer Space 2

Then i decided since I'm ALREADY out, i might as wel not go home =D So I paid my cousins a visit and stayed the night in Ampang, ALSO after many calls and planning! People are so busy nowadays, whatever happened to just dropping in and staying the night? But as always it was just the laugh fix i needed. And i would only be mentioning it here if i had something to share...and i do. I learnt something new, the magical effects of Brasso!

My aunt went on and on about how it shines ANYTHING! Mostly silver stuff. And she was on a Brasso frenzy, took out everything silver in the house and started polishing it apparently to test if it actually works. And it DOES!! I've got tonnes of stuff i need to get Brasso-ed! So I'm making my way to a hardware store today to get some. Not very sure it's called Brasso though, my aunt has been known to pronounce words funnily but shall try.


The gross cotton after polishing with Brasso.


Top : After(Shiny!!) Bottom : Before

OH and my travelling was RM2 cheaper because some kind girl in KL Central said " Are you waiting for this bus? You can take my ticket cause I'm not using it anymore." So Yay!

And i met a fellow Beatles enthusiast on the way from the train station. Did not appreciate the remixed version of EVERY Beatles song though. Rappers were rapping weird rhymes in between Imagine and Let It Be. RAP? Urgh!I protested against the cruel defamation of a beautiful song, then we reverted back to the original, just the way it was. Nice ride home!

It was a very very nice day to travel but today i'm probably going to spend in bed. =)


Quote/Joke of the day :

(on the phone)"Stop the BUS NOW NOW!!" "What??! Stop the bus NOW NOOOWWW?" *everyone in bus turns to look even the bus driver through his rear view morror"

"I'm in Desa Kiara" "Ohhh Desa Kiara, say lah earlier, i thought the Dog, Kiara!" (WTH?!)

"How do u spell Brasso?" "B-A-S-S" (ROTFLMAO!)


PITTT:
A chinese woman who was positively pissed that she HAD to sit between two big men. I think she was expecting one of the men to exchange seats with her because he was sitting beside a girl wearing the Hijab (it covered a part of her face too). He didnt though, seemed to chirpy and engrossed in a conversation with his friend to notice. She got up and took my seat as soon as i got down in Central. Hope she went home feeling okay though, they really seemed like nice men to be sitting in between. LOL!

2 comments:

  1. ooh bring me on an adventure this sat!!!!!:D btw i like your post abt salt

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol!! yeah this saturday! and thanks! its Pepper! lol

    ReplyDelete