Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Big Bad Wolf Books Sale

I managed to catch the book sale on its last day, and boy was i hoping i went on the first day! There were so many books to pick from that my neck is still hurting from all the looking down.

On the last day though, i reckon all the good titles would have been snatched by some lucky person who got there a lot earlier. I mostly saw things from Jodi Picoult, or books along those lines, Jeffrey Archer and books along those lines.

After going through the whole place, i picked three books i thought worth buying.

Changing Planes - Ursula le Guin, The color purple - Alice Walker and Kafka on the shore - Haruki Murakami.

I need to REALLY catch up on my reading. I've tonnes of books I've not even touched since i bought them during the last sale. And i saw around 3 books i bought for half price (around RM 14) selling at the book fair for RM8. All fiction books were sold for RM8.

There was a lot of non-fiction books too. I don't read non-fiction but thought i might get something for my dad, but i just couldn't pick on that i thought he would like.

People were buying just LOADS of books, everyone had a box they were carrying around, with AT LEAST 20 books or more. Gosh, i really didn't see that many titles there that i would buy but it was just amazing! BOXES of books!

Lots of teenage books too, and children books! Just about every kind of book under the sun.

We gave them our emails so the next time there's a sale in town, I'll try to be there on the first day!

1 comment:

  1. The Color Purple is a beautiful novel, with so much pain. And Murakami is just wonderful. Enjoy reading!

    ReplyDelete