Saturday, May 2, 2009

Inside the KTM

I only think its fair i blog about something i know all too well, so the KTM!

If you've been in the KTM, you would have noticed the stained, discoloured seats. Now a BIG BIG thing that's wrong with these seats are in fact more than that, its the SEAT itself! Notice those seats that go all the way over you head? I recently found out (cause its a MIRACLE to get a seat!) that those seats are just so so very uncomfortably painful! Every time i rose from it, i feel my sacrum aching for a much needed massage! And its IMPOSSIBLE to REST your head when you're in that seat! Trust me...

First, I thought it was because i tied my hair, so maybe that was why my head was in a permanent "im too shy to look at you" position, i couldn't get myself to look straight ahead! So i just assumed that it was because of my protruding hair clip.

So...

One day, my hair was untied, but it was still the same!

Those chairs were probably designed for a 6 / 7 feet person cause there is NO WAY to actually let your head REST on them if you were the height of every other average asian! Its absolutely crazy!

Walking out of the train in KL Central, i find myself for the first 3 minutes or so looking only at the shoes of everyone around me.

And the coaches where the doors are really far apart, coaches for SEATING, are made up solely of those seats! Gosh! The ergonomics are just all over the place!

Those metal seats in the LRT are so much more comfortable, at least you wouldn't be dreading that you decided to sit down, and feel too bad to offer the seat to some innocent standing person. Or even the other seats that only go up to your shoulder, would make a much much better solution!

The KTM is so far from being APT even, but the least they could do is to offer the people that have already waited for (most commonly) 30minutes or more( MUCH more) a comfortable seat, or and OKAY-ly comfortable place!

They don't come on time, have stained "back ache giving" seats but they ARE extending their services, the latest i think was to Batu Caves? Just means the longer you wait for trains, and the KTM is bound to be the number 1 reason of back injuries in Malaysia. The seats NEED to go!!

I might be a little paranoid ever since my recent clinical placement, but there are just SO many way bones get misaligned or injured and people are growing older faster , so the least we could do to not hospitalise them into the already over-crowded hospitals is well to be a little health conscious! Back aches are often the MOST common kind of injury, everyone in their lifetime is bound to have a back ache of some sort, and these problems just make up for a more unproductive society, capable of contributing less than they already are.

And metal seats, or half seats ---- cleaner! cheaper for sure!

No more sitting for me, at least on those evil things!

No comments:

Post a Comment