Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Movies Catch Ups!

So i finally got around to catching up on my movies!! In cinemas and at home! Movies always have a way of making you feel like you wish you were the person in the movie when you leave the cinema. It's always had that effect on me at least. The amount of weeks i pictured Spider-Man watching the stars with me in a big spider web, aahhh... i probably took it a little too far! But that's probably why all the sad movies, remain un-watched like Boys Don't Cry and all. Most human rights movies are sad movies, I'll probably be bawling my eyes out during the movie and several days after that, and my threshold for sad movies is getting lower by the minute.

Anyway, some of the recent movies i watched :

First up, Star Trek : Me likey! Well for a prequel, it sure as hell is a lot better than the Star Wars prequels. I thought everyone was really good too. And seeing Leonard Nimoy in the movie was a nice pleasant thing.

Sell Out! : Was truly amazed since it was a Malaysian made movie! there were only 6 of us in the cinema, and everyone was laughing continuously! It was really just so funny. And the singing was a pleasant surprise, never thought there would be any.

Tim Burton's old movies : Watched Pee Wee's Big Adventure and Mars Attacks. I love anything and everything Tim Burton has ever directed, just cause. So they were both fun movies to watch to kill some time.

Woody Allen movies : Watched Hannah and her sisters. Liked it! Woody Allen movies are all just so real and funny in sometimes the strangest way. Still have Purple Rose of Cairo and Annie Hall.

I've got a few more movies lined up to watch : Milk, The Wrestler, Revolutionary Road (watched bits of it when i was on my clinical posting), the Reader, Doubt, Frost/Nixon, the Namesake.

Some old ones : My cousin Vinny, a fish called Wanda (watched both before just cant really remember it), the shining.

Tale of Desperaux : I liked it! A little cliche' but was a fun watch. Nothing beats Toy Story though!

I have not watched Slumdog Millionaire. Just not very interested i guess. Don't think its as good as the academy thinks it was. Saw snippets when my betraying family watched it during my exams. Just not dying to watch it, but will eventually just so i can talk more 'smack' about it.

I am absolutely devastated that i did not catch Watchmen in the theater. Just bad timing! And i have yet to watch Wolverine, although everyone(the opinions that matter to me) says its not as good as it should be, still gotta watch it, but it doesn't look like i would get the opportunity too though.

Tonight feels like something light, so might watching another Woody Allen movie. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment