Saturday, January 31, 2009

Movie Rave

I can hardly remember the last time i actually dragged my ass to the cinema for a movie, but its vaguely coming back to me now...the spirit i think was my last,oh no no the day the earth stood still, now that's a story.

The Spirit

I read this HORRIBLE review in the star the other day about it, gosh, it was merciless. The reviewer liked NOTHING about it. I wouldn't say it was as nice as the other Frank Miller movies I've watched, Sin City and 300 but i definitely didn't HATE it. It did deserve some compliments. All the things the review said, "how unfunny Samuel L.Jackson was" "the tedious monologue" and "the weird effects" well i think was all purposefully done. I think it was MEANT to be unfunny, that was blatantly obvious to everyone. And the monologue, i liked! Very weird how the city was described to be his "superpower" . And then the effects, with the "kapppoowww" and "banngg" in those little white speech bubbles, made it look SOOO comic-y! Again i think it was all intended. There are very few comic movies i did not see on the big screen, DareDevil (think the idea of Ben affleck as the lead kinda put me off) but watched it later, Ghost Rider , sure there is at least one more, can't seem to remember...but yeah...overall, I'm glad i watched the spirit though and liked it! Just gonna take it as an interpretation of an eccentric genius!


The Day the Earth Stood Still

I've never liked Keanu Reeves in anything OTHER THAN the matrix, that expressionless face of his. Gosh ! But this movie was just simply BAD! The beginning actually made us doze off a lil' here and there, it was SO draggy and just SLOOWWW, i looking at my watch waiting for it to END! And how the whole thing unravelled was even worse....came to a PREDICTABLE end, an EASY end..!and all the sentimental moments in between seemed totally unnecessary! But BUT i did like one part VERY MUCH...the part of that HUGE robot -like thing with only one red eye that gets activated when it senses danger, now that was nice! I liked it especially when it was captured and that idiotic guy everyone knew was going to die somehow, wanted to drill through it. That was cool. The only part that was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment